- Cycle for 10 mins and win!
- It's participation, not miles that count towards your team score.
- Adrian R referred Steve W to ride a bike!
- Persuade your colleagues to take part and climb the leader board.
- Persuade a colleague to try cycling for 10 minutes and win a cinema ticket.
- Set yourself a goal today!
- Adrian R referred Jon F to ride a bike!
- Set yourself a goal for the Challenge!
- Fantastic prizes to be won!
- Itís easy to take part. You only need to cycle for 10 mins.
- John G referred Dipesh J to ride a bike!
- Registrations open for the Leicester Shire Cycle Challenge!
- What can you do in 10 minutes?
- Tim S referred Shireen K to ride a bike!
- Cycling is fun for all the family.
- When did you last ride a bike?
- It's quicker by bike, try it.
- Be adventurous - go for a ride!
- They say you never forget how to ride a bike!
- Register today, it's free!
- Cinema ticket for all new cyclists! Borrow a bike at our try-a-bike sessions.
- Spread your love for cycling. Get your mates on board!
- Enjoy the freedom of two wheels!
- Be part of it!
- Let's keep it up and keep on cycling
- "I want to burn off 3 glasses of wine" - Set a goal today!
- Georgina M referred Kerry C to ride a bike!
- Sarah W referred Rob S to ride a bike!
- John G referred Tony H to ride a bike!
- Cycling is a quick, healthy and convenient way to commute.
- Win one of 300 cinema tickets!
- Ride, record, recruit and reward. Win great prizes!
- Get your workmates on a bike!
- Itís just 10 minutes, give it a go.
- Neil D referred Crystal A to ride a bike!
- Get your bike out of the shed and give it a go!
- Adrian R referred Jenny L to ride a bike!
- All rides count, to work, for fitness or for fun.
- Ashok P referred Kalpana P to ride a bike!
Join the Challenge
Have you spotted more bikes around Leicestershire recently? Are you thinking about joining in the fun and getting back on yours? The Leicester Shire Cycle Challenge is back for a second year this summer - it is a free competition to remind people working and living in Leicestershire of the freedom and fun you experience riding a bike. It takes just 10 minutes to get involved and start feeling the benefits.
The Challenge is a chance for you and your workmates to get on your bikes and have some fun competing against other workplaces within the heart of Leicestershire. If you don't have a bike, don't worry, you can borrow one from us or have small bike repairs done for free.
The competition is based on participation (not how far or fast you can cycle). The aim is to recruit as many of your workmates as possible to ride a bike for at least 10 minutes between Monday 25 June and Sunday 15 July 2012 to reach the top of the leader board, claim victory and be rewarded with prizes!
How to take part
Follow these four steps:
Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes between Monday 25 June and Sunday 15 July 2012
Record your bike trip here.
Recruit workmates, friends and family - tell them about the Challenge here.
Reward yourself and your friends by winning prizes!
Organisations and departments will compete against those of a similar size for a fair chance of winning. There are six size categories: 500+ staff, 200-499 staff, 50-199 staff, 20-49 staff, 7-19 staff, 3-6 staff.
Your participation will count towards your department and organisation.
We're giving away 300 cinema tickets. Win yours:
- Ride a bike for the first time in a year or more.
- Recruit a friend and encourage them to ride for the first time in a year. Find out more here.
Make sure you get an entry into the Challenge prize draws:
- Record your trips each week to enter the weekly prize draws.
- Recruit workmates to increase your chances of winning a team prize.