- Sarah W referred Rob S to ride a bike!
- It's quicker by bike, try it.
- Get your bike out of the shed and give it a go!
- It's participation, not miles that count towards your team score.
- Neil D referred Crystal A to ride a bike!
- Let's keep it up and keep on cycling
- Registrations open for the Leicester Shire Cycle Challenge!
- Persuade a colleague to try cycling for 10 minutes and win a cinema ticket.
- Set yourself a goal for the Challenge!
- Enjoy the freedom of two wheels!
- Fantastic prizes to be won!
- John G referred Tony H to ride a bike!
- They say you never forget how to ride a bike!
- What can you do in 10 minutes?
- When did you last ride a bike?
- Win one of 300 cinema tickets!
- Itís easy to take part. You only need to cycle for 10 mins.
- Cycling is fun for all the family.
- Adrian R referred Jenny L to ride a bike!
- Spread your love for cycling. Get your mates on board!
- Ashok P referred Kalpana P to ride a bike!
- Be adventurous - go for a ride!
- Itís just 10 minutes, give it a go.
- Tim S referred Shireen K to ride a bike!
- Cycle for 10 mins and win!
- Persuade your colleagues to take part and climb the leader board.
- All rides count, to work, for fitness or for fun.
- Be part of it!
- Get your workmates on a bike!
- Ride, record, recruit and reward. Win great prizes!
- Set yourself a goal today!
- "I want to burn off 3 glasses of wine" - Set a goal today!
- Georgina M referred Kerry C to ride a bike!
- Register today, it's free!
- John G referred Dipesh J to ride a bike!
- Adrian R referred Steve W to ride a bike!
- Adrian R referred Jon F to ride a bike!
- Cinema ticket for all new cyclists! Borrow a bike at our try-a-bike sessions.
- Cycling is a quick, healthy and convenient way to commute.
Try-a-bike and Dr Bike Sessions
Want to take part in the Leicester Shire Cycle Challenge but donít have access to a bike? Well use one of ours!
Our free bikes will be available for anyone wanting to take a spin and clock up 10 minutes of cycling. There will be a range of different bikes to try including a BMX, fixed wheel, tandem and trike.
Dr. Bike will also be on hand to carry out basic repairs while you wait. Just bring your bike along.
Remember, if you ride a bike for the first time in a year or encourage others to, then you can win cinema tickets.
- *LAUNCH EVENT* Wed 27 June, 11.15am - 2.15pm - St Peter's Square, Highcross Centre, LE1 4AN. Free Try-a-bike and Dr. Bike, come and show your support. Local organisations: Highcross, John Lewis, Leicester Mercury, Pick Everard.
- Thurs 28 June, 9.30am - 12.30pm - Ellesmere College, LE3 1BE. For Ellesmere College staff.
- Wed 4 July, 11.30am - 2.30pm - Beaumont Shopping Centre, 25 Beaumont Way, Leicester, LE4 1DS. Local organisations: Shopping Centre staff, Pepsico, Bradgate Bakery, Beaumont Leys Police Station.
- Tues 10 July, 11.30am - 2.30pm - Magazine Square, Leicester City Centre (space between Oxford Street, Newarke Houses Museum and the Hugh Aston Building). Local organisations: Leicester City Council, De Montfort University, EON.
- Wed 11 July, 11.30am - 2.30pm - Nelson Mandela Park, Leicester. Local organisations: NHS, Leicester University, Newby Castleman.
- Fri 13 July, 11.30am - 2.30pm - Grove Park. Local organisations: British Gas, NHS, Myhomemove.
The Ride Leicester Festival Week-end
Saturday 25 August: Olympic Taster Session at Western Park.
This is an opportunity to try out the different cycling disciplines from road to simulated track, BMX, speedway etc.
Sunday 26 August: Sky Ride Leicester.
An 8km traffic free route including several activation zones with lots of activities for families.
Monday 27th August: City Centre Criterion racing.
A closed road circuit around the historical market square including an XCE Urban BMX race over the Corn Exchange steps, novelty races including Bromptons and Choppers and Shoppers and paralympic racing.
Leicestershire and Rutland CTC
Ride a bike in Leicestershire or Rutland? Why not join in on one of the many Challenge rides and events taking place this summer. The CTC has 900 members locally and 70,000 nationally.
Go to www.lrctc.bravehost.com for more details.
Leicester Bikeability organises training for schools, adults and community groups throughout the city and is run in conjunction with Leicester City Council's training partners.
If you are interested in Cycle Training in Leicester, please contact the Cycle Training Co-ordinator - details can be found at www.leicester.gov.uk/cycletraining.
Cycle Challenge 'Olympic Offer'
As part of the 2012 Olympic offering, group led rides can be facilitated by British Cycling Ride Leaders specifically for organisations. A group booking of up to 24 can be made with routes and times tailored to suit.
Ride ideas include bespoke commuter routes for colleagues or choose from one of our themed rides including Leicester Architecture Tour, War Time Leicester, or the Tour de Leicester.
For more information please contact Janet Hudson British Cycling Regional Development Officer